diumenge, 9 de novembre del 2014

NEWS: FIRST WOMB-TRANSPLANT BABY BORN

I choose this news because I think that it's very interesting and when I read it has impressed me. It's a beautiful news and I would like to share it with all of you. 

Summary:
A women in Sweden had a baby using a transplanted womb received from a friend of 60. Cancer treatment and birth defects are the reasons because women haven't got a functioning womb.

We don't know who is this couple but the mother's ovaries still had functioning. Doctors at the University of Gothenburg did the womb transplant. Women needed drugs to prevent the womb being rejected. A year after the transplant, doctors decided to implant one of the frozen embryos for start the pregnancy. The baby was born prematurely, with 32 weeks. Mum and baby now are well. Father said: "He's no different from any other chil, but he will have a good story to tell".

My opinion: 
What I think about this news? Well, as I say before, this news has impressed me. It's a very good example that medicine is always progressing and it's a good thing for humanity. I think that all women, with a birth defects or something like this need to have the opportunity to have a baby, because this it's one of the amazing things in women's life. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada